Saturday, May 30, 2009

Project Semakau: my 3rd trip to Semakau.

This time was slightly different from my past two trips to Semakau. I had to wake up early morning to catch the morning tide. Today, we reached the intertidal area of Semakau around 9am. The sun was shining bright. Roy and I were grouped together and began our hunt for interesting creatures. We started from the mangrove area and saw a lot of shells... Shells shells shells... I don't like to see so many shells because I'm not really good at identifying them.
Just 30mins of our 'hunting', strong wind followed by rain and lightnings prevent us from continuing any further due to safety issue. It was quite a disappointment for everyone that woke up early morning and hope to 'harvest' something back. So well... today roy and I 'harvested' only shells and crabs... so sad..! we didn't even make it to the seagrass area.

So well, today harvest... ( forgive me if i state the species wrongly)

Clypeomonus zonata

Telescope Creeper Shell (Telescopium telescopium)

Porcelain or Orange fiddler crab (Uca species)

(Edited: Nerita Sp.)

Underside of the above. Trapdoor is rough and have tiny bumps.

I don't know what this called but it looks like the shells we eat at seafood center.

This big crab is hiding inside the mangrove tree. I can't really see the dorsal part of the crab...so well...identity unknown to me. haha. (edited: Spotted Belly Crab)

Gong Gong ( Laevistrombus canarium)

The wide field at Pulau Semakau


1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete