Sunday, June 7, 2009

Discover Leonardo Da Vinci

I know he is a great person. Probably the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, has brought more attention to him. The painting of Last Supper or Mona Lisa has always been controversy about it among different groups of people. Painting that can create so much of discussion is definitely a must-see. So now, the chance is here for all Singaporeans. The Da Vinci - The Genius Exhibition is here in Singapore.

I used to be confused whether is he a scientist or an artist. After been through the exhibition, I'm impressed by this person. He is both a scientist and artist. But not only that, he is also a inventor, engineer, sculptor, anatomist, biologist, musician, architect, philosopher..! I used to think that scientist and artist cannot co-exist in a person. Haha.

One of the stuffs that amazed me is probably the anatomy of the human body. I have no idea how he managed to draw out the details of the bones and organs of a human body, especially during the 15th century. Indeed, I have learnt more about the Last Supper, Mona Lisa and also the Vitruvian Man. If I ever have the chance to go to Europe, I will like to look at the real paintings at the museum.

One disappointing issue is that we are not allow to take any photos in the exhibition. Anyway, this exhibition will be here until August. So take the chance to see it.

Click here to find out more

I like this quote and I'm still trying:
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."
-Leonardo da Vinci

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete